Tuesday, September 9, 2014

An Accomplishment: D.T.

A student of mine last year was faced with past years of teachers telling him he would never learn to read appropriately. It has been a year, and no matter his DRA level or his reading standardized testing scores, the boy has learned to love to read. He reads all the time now, searching for more ways to tap into knowledge, add to his current knowledge, and to improve himself. His resiliency inspires me and I hope that I will continue to inspire him to love himself as a learner. A true learner, leader, and young advocate.

1 comment:

  1. This is what made me fall in love with meeting you and other teachers of young people. Hearing the success stories. Reminding me of the joy in learning - a joy I hope I can impart to the college students I teach.

    ReplyDelete